Canning, Freezing & Drying


I recently went to my favorite bookstore as I was looking for an old Sunset Book titled Canning, Freezing &  Drying, which includes information on Pickling and Smoking. When I say old - the book is over 42 years old. 

When I arrived at the bookstore, I immediately went to the cooking section.  The clerk was sitting at the desk and asked if she could assist. I told her I was looking for a book on canning, freezing, and such. 

She then got on her computer and looked through their inventory. She informed me the book was in their warehouse and there was also a copy at the bookstore across the street. Then she was kind enough to write down the information and told me the name of the clerk working over there that day. She said I could hand him her paper and he would retrieve  the book right away for me.

I was able to go across the street and hand the clerk the information. He quickly took me upstairs to retrieve the book. It was a truly wonderful experience! What would have taken me hours to locate was retrieved within a matter of minutes. 

What I like about this book is the vast amount of recipes. Beyond that, the book is broken down so things are easy to comprehend. Whether you or new to working with produce or have been working with it most of your life there is usually something interesting to learn from this book.

  • I got my copy pretty cheap at the used bookstore but if you can't find one at your favorite used bookstore, I have listed a link I found online below.


Canning, Freezing &  Drying

  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0376022132
  • Package Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 10.7 x 8.2 x 0.4 inches; 13.6 Ounces
  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Sunset Pub Co
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0376022134