My Year in Reading 2023



Reading helps me with creative thinking and problem-solving skills and for the most part, reading relaxes me - though some genres I find to be more challenging than others. 


Did you read more or less than you planned in 2023?


Looking through my states, in the year 2023 I read 50 books and loaned a few to Mom- mostly Amish fiction and some old mysteries. 


I began the year reading and reviewing The Dyatlov Pass Mystery: NOT A Cold Case. 


I read 8,216 pages. My longest book was 459 pages and the shortest was 26 pages. 


My average book length in 2023 was a mere 164 pages as I read quite a few children's books. 


My most visited book review was Leaving How I Set Myself Free from an Abusive Marriage by Kanchan Bhaskar. 


The most visited  Spotlight was on Author Tiffany Noelle Chacon


The top 10 visitors were from the following countries The United States, Singapore, Germany, Finland, Belgium, Russia, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands


The large volume of visitors from Singapore was not surprising as I'd read awhile back that Singapore took a top spot in the Progress in International Reading Literacy Study and the study noted a substantial impact on reading achievement was due to home support. I agree with this. Had it not been for my mother reading to me frequently and taking me to the children's library,  I may not have appreciated books as much as I do.


I've not posted about my book club lately but they are beginning the new year by selecting an animal - listing the choice and then reading a book whose title begins with the letters in the choice.  


Book review requests continue to appear in my inbox and for this I am grateful.  I plan to read more debut authors' work as well as those already established and do more author interviews in the coming months.


May the new  year be filled with beautiful moments and many great reads, Lori