Let Me Tell You About Jasper Dana Perino





















Many of my blog viewers are dog owners so I will talk a little about a book I recently purchased. It's about a Hungarian vizsla named Jasper who was also known as America's Dog.


Dana lost her dog Henry and after a few months got Jasper. She is candid about her family's experience with him.

Dana's book Let Me Tell You About Jasper is heartfelt. She talks about getting Jasper and mentions that when walking in Central Park, with Jasper, more people recognized him than her. The stories are forthright. Many illustrated images are included and some are dog gone funny.  


Honesty, we don't get far from home and someone asks us about our dogs. Our two males are 13 and our female will soon be 2. We in turn often ask others about their dogs too.


I believe this is because dogs become such an integral part of our lives. The memories we associate with dogs are many and sometimes dogs are the ones that comfort us most when we are going through tough times. 


Jasper passed in 2021 from cancer. What I appreciate most about this book is I know more about Hungarian vizsla's and know that Jasper was loved.