November 2018 Loft Reads



I hope your upcoming month of December is amazing! 

I plan to decorate with my favorite items and then bake, spend time with family and friends, watch Christmas shows and walk through light displays.






 Lori's Book Loft blog was recently selected by Feedspot as one of the Top 100 Book Review Blogs on the web so I have been flooded with requests for reviews, many of which, are added to my pile of to be read and reviewed. 





I truly believe you're never too old to learn something new and approaching the final month of the year reminds me I still have 9 books to read to meet this year's goal. 




appreciate bookstores where the shelves are stacked and the tables are piled with books. While I tend to hang out in the vintage nook above, during this time of year, I also make my way over to the children's Christmas books. 



Exiting the bookstore, I'll walk down to the nearby senior center to purchase their peanut brittle and watch quilters, and people working looms. Then, I'll return home and get out my old Christmas albums and sing along.





 November 2018 Loft Reads




I started the month reading and listening to podcasts on John Keats.

Keats is considered one of the most important figures in the second generation of English Romantic poets. You can view some of his greatest poems here.




I also read Nathaniel Hawthorn who was an American novelist, dark romantic, and short story writer.





November Book Reviews

 The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans




Smoky the BraveHow a Feisty Yorkshire Terrier Mascot Became a Comrade-in-Arms during World War II by Damien Lewis 




This is a Cat, by John P. Curtin, Jr.



Features in Faith
Everyday People’s Experiences with God by Blake Sebring



Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins Clark









November Author Spotlight Interviews  

I interviewed the intriguing expat  Patrick Burns and reviewed his book Far Away and Further Back. 











I also interviewed  Silke Stein who wrote Foam on the Crest of Waves and provided details and images of her lovely collection of Sea Glass.  








Audience favorites this month were





Top 10 Audience for the Month  of November 

The United States, Russia, Ukraine, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Poland, Belgium, and Australia.


Happy Holidays to you! I'm taking a few days off to work on holiday decorating and begin wrapping gifts. Then, I'll start the book Girl Talk by Jacqueline Mroz. I already have one author interview completed for the upcoming month and am working on composing another.