September 2019 Loft Reads




The month of September was a busy one and we took some time off to getaway. We were one of many in attendance to watch the 2019 Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Club of America National Specialty.




During the month, I interviewed Natalie Hart author of Pieces of Me who told us what it's like to live in a warzone and reminded readers, "Every minute you don’t hear from your loved one is a moment that they could be in danger."





I read and reviewed the book Lions of the Sky which has been equated to the movie Top Gun. I like Paco Chierici's well-placed similes and thought this book, though fiction, was a well-written account of the perils  U.S. Navy Aviators face.






My husband and I also spent a portion of the month in Amish Country and enjoyed a leisurely walk through Krider World's Fair Garden. 





These gardens were originally designed for display in the 1933-1934 Chicago World’s Fair.  



















































The day we traveled to Indiana's oldest operating grist mill, we saw a wedding party filming there and waited till they departed before taking a few pictures ourselves.


This month I also read a  Y. A. book, The Missing Spirit and the children's picture book Wonder Walk. Both books got me in the mood to do some exploring so, I went fossil hunting in southern Ohio with my husband where we searched for Bryozoans, Brachiopods, Pelecypods, Horn Corals, Cephalopods, Gastropods, Crinoids, and Trilobites.








Septembers Top Ten Audience was from the United States, Germany, India, Canada, France, Indonesia, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Australia