TRANSLATE

June 2021 Reads and a National Rose Garden



June, I spent more time outside and less time reading. My reads were Dovetails in Tall Grass and  Great American Road Trips Scenic Drives. 


 

During the month, we toured a National Rose Garden and picked strawberries and cucumbers from our own kitchen garden. 

Unfortunately, my laptop died, and I needed to upgrade my cell phone. On the plus side, I was able to upgrade somewhat cheaply as we purchased these items from community garage sales. 

While laptopless, I watched Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. I appreciate that it features a vintage car in movement and enjoy the explanations for selecting the vehicles for the guest comedian. 

It was a hot one here this week and I cooled off watching The Ice Road with Liam Neeson. I read in Liam's bio that he was a truck driver when younger and expect he could definitely recognize the dangers of a trek across an ice road. It was a decent action movie.  I will clue you into the fact that my favorite character was killed off, at the same time, I felt the story depicted the consequences of betrayal and greed well. 

Books are always a great comfort and I hope to read more in July.

The top 10 audience this month was from The United States, Indonesia, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Russia, France, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Canada

LET'S TALK BOOKS

lorisbookloft@gmail.com