November 2021 Loft Reads


Lori at Lake James

Well, today wraps up November 2021. We were delighted to spend a small portion of our time at Pokagon State Park. We sat and watched the swans at Lake James. We also spent time at Hueston's Wood State Park where we had lunch at the lodge followed by a small hike to Cedar Falls.


                                                                     Cedar Falls

Nearing the end of the month, we celebrated another Thanksgiving which consisted of dinner with my mom and sibling. Of the many things I’m thankful for (my family and good health most of all), I’m also thankful for the friends, books, and the opportunity to share my love for them! 

The month of November presented a feast of fascinating reads.



The French Baker's War
by Mark Whatling brings to the forefront that when parents love you, they sacrifice much, for your well-being.


The Unlikely Art of Parental Pressure
 
by DR. Chris Thurber and Dr. Hendrie Weisinger appealed to me because we are all vulnerable to pressure and it may escalate to crises
. This book is a valuable resource for parents, caretakers, professional educators, coaches, and other adults who care about young people.


The choice wasn’t completely out of the blue to read a copy of Nailing It How History's Awesome Twentysomethings Got It Together By Robert L. Dilenschneider, as there were a few people I wanted to learn more about and did just that.


The book Threads of Yoga by Pamela Seelig informs my thinking and was a good reminder of different techniques. 
It also influenced me to expand my yoga space at home. Plus it motivated me to purchase a thicker mat to use on our hardwood floor and to add a few more props.  

Yoga is often used to support Health and Healing.


And I thought of this as I read, My Quest for a Silver Lining by  Adeline Wiener. This lovely book celebrates an artist’s journey through breast cancer and a difficult year with the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you are searching for an anthology that mixes sci-fi with pets you might want to try Pets in Space Anthology.



I finished the month with the Children's book The Boy Who Jumped To The Moon.




December is already upon us.  And, I just finished watching an enchanting movie,  based on the book A Boy Called Christmas”, by English novelist and journalist, Matt Haig. 


The top 10 blog audience for the month of November was from The United States, Germany, Hungary, Russia, France, The United Kingdom, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, and Turkey.