April 2019 Loft Reads



Our Magnolia bloomed this month and April showers flooded many streets and highways throughout our area. We watched as authorities evacuated nearby neighborhoods by boat, muttering, "turn around, don't drown." 

Not only has the heavy rain affected neighborhoods in town, but it's also affected farmers who are usually starting to get into their fields to plant. Due to the weather, it is now estimated that it will be the middle of May, or the first part of June before they can think about getting into the fields.


 

This has been another busy month with very little time for reading.  I did make it to one library book sale to purchase these books to the left. You can read more about that here.




 I read 3 books this month.





Ladysitting: My Year with Nana at the End of Her Century.

  I received this book and soon became swept up in this story of interlinked lives.







Smoothies and Juices is a book I picked up because I have been gravitating to blueberries with greek yogurt and chia seeds in the morning and thought many of the recipes looked delicious.








Journey to Mount Athos Greek and Russian Orthodox. I received a copy of this lovely memoir via Tiffany T. Cole on behalf of Thomas Jesse Roach. I enjoy exhibits of historic artifacts & relics, some exhibits include the Eucharist, relics, bishops and the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and other items. I did enjoy this read.







The top 5 audience of April was from the United States, Germany, Austria, Italy, and Ukraine.