November 2022 Reads and Blog Stats










 











So here we are, with one month left in 2022 and the Holiday images I've included here were taken at our town's annual Christmas Lighting Ceremony

This consisted of a special opening night ceremony. While a D.J. played music that could be heard throughout the park, the Mayor stood in the center of the gazebo and did a countdown. A switch was then pulled and inflatables raised and the park sparks joy with the colorful lighting displays.

It was a fairly warm night but that did not stop the girl scouts from selling a lot of hot chocolate and treats at the park's concession stand.

On the stage, artists created ice sculptures, and nearby was a sleigh where families had their photos taken. 

The money raised by this event allows the town to replace damaged decorations, invest in new lights, and keep the displays looking presentable. 

It was a night I will remember as the park was filled with sounds of laughter as children visited with Santa and special characters in costume. My favorite costume was the Grinch. I have wonderful memories of childhood and Dr, Seuss's resident grouch of Whoville, voiced by Boris Karloff in the television show, was near the top of my favorite Seuss shows and reads.


In the Author Spotlight











Aharona (Roni)  Rosenthal is the Director of Judaic Studies at the  UMBC. 

I recently had an opportunity to learn more about her and her new book “Where the Lilacs Bloom Once Again”She explains the book is about giving back power to those who have lost their rights. You can read more here


November Postings 




The blog post on the book  Big Dogs by S. L. Ditmars has the largest viewership in November. 

This book is dedicated to the men and women who wear the uniform and work with dogs. 

This book interests me as not only do I love dogs but have a friend who was an EDD Handler / AMK9 at Diplomatic Security.

In this read, criminals are on the loose, and Lieutenant JW North will do everything in his power to hunt them down. 

The author Steve is a member of the Public Safety Writers Association. Big Dogs won First Place in their Published Authors, Nonfiction category in 2022.









is the 2nd most viewed blog posting this month and the author, Victor Torvich is using our past to remind us of the importance of making good choices and wise decisions.















I truly value any time I get the opportunity to connect with nature and was happy to learn that earlier this month, Linda Ã…keson Mcgurk released 
her new book The Open-Air Life.

I appreciate the Nordic customs and practices which focus on slowing down and spending more and more time outdoors.
This book provides details on
  • Why and how they should spend more time outside
  • How to use friluftsliv to combat stress, anxiety disorders, depression, and burnout
  • Practical skills like making fire, cooking outdoors, and cleaning water on the go.










  • Last Fall, I had a spotlight on Allen Wolf. 

    Well, I was in contact with him just recently and he provided me with an update on The Sound of Violet. 

    If you recall, Allen consulted with several organizations that help victims of human trafficking and crafted the story into a novel. The film helps bring awareness to human trafficking and autism.  






    Recently, I have read some books about dogs that follow a K9 theme.

    It may come as no surprise that I have a fondness for Children's literature. This helpful children's picture book The Adventures of Extraordinary K 9s  is by Author Sherry Bennett Warshauer



    What I am Reading 

    I mentioned last month that I surpassed my yearly reading goal. I continue to add books that interest me and read through my TBR  and am currently reading a book told in two concurrent timelines. When it is finished, I will begin an inspirational book on the people of Kenya.

    I also am still continuing to collect older editions and was recently gifted a 1945 copy of the Selected Writings of Thomas Paine. This book is a switch for me as normally I appreciate flowery prose but sometimes I study material to see if I am able to switch effortlessly from one moment to the next without an emotional response.


    Lori's Book Loft  Audience

    Top Browers: Firefox, Chrome, MSIE, Safari

    Top Operating SystemsMacintosh, Windows, Linux, Android

    Top 10 Locations:: India, United States, Indonesia, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, France, Brazil, and  Ireland