April 2020 Loft Reads






















This morning, I have the windows open and am listening to the bird's sing. They have been frolicking in our Forsythia and Lilac bushes. When not working and reading, I've been spending April getting our garden ready for spring planting and have enjoyed watching Michael Kelly and Karen O’Donohoe on Grow Cook Eat

In keeping with my love of poetry, I relaxed by reading from American Poetry edited with introductions, notes, questions, and biographical sketches by A. B. De Mille. 

My hardbound copy is copyright 1923.  I appreciate the introduction and the Explanatory notes intrigue me. My copy also includes notations from a previous owner of this copy which I find comforting. In this collection, you find poets such as Lanier, Harte, Riley, Poe, Longfellow, Whittier, and many other greats.

My Author Spotlight in April was on the poet, artist, and educator Erik Fuhrer. He has taught literature, writing and rhetoric, and creative writing at the University of Notre Dame, St. John's University, and The College of New Rochelle.

During the month I also introduced a few reads.

Be Who You Are: A Song for My Children Jimmy Brandmeier


Tales From The Rift: In Space No One Can Hear You Laugh! Bruce S. Levine



Through All The Changing Scenes of Life Richard R. DolphinRichard R. Dolphin, Through All The Changing Scenes of Life


The Kitchen Brigade Laurie Boris.


This blogs Top 10 Audience in April is from the United States, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Canada, Vietnam, Russia, Switzerland, and Hungary


I wish you a safe and enjoyable spring.