April 2022 Reads


This month, I was able to explore bookstores and focus on APRIL READS. 

We started off the month of April with National Library Week so I posted about it and included a photo I'd taken years ago of The Brumback Library

The Brumback Library is on the National Register of Historic Places as it is the First County Library in the United States and the library is a  perfect place to find your next best read. Many people feel the library looks like a castle with the architecture a combination of Gothic and Romanesque and its turreted towers and Ludowici tile roof. 

Moving onto this month's reads, Tao Calligraphy to Heal and Rejuvenate your back by Master Zhi Gang Sha arrived in the mail and I reviewed it. Then, I grabbed my paintbrush to try my hand at calligraphy. My artwork didn't look like the images in the book, but I found it to be very calming as I focused my attention on the brush's movement.

The Off the Shelf Read for my book club this month was a book with the word Daughter in the title. My husband and I went on a quest to find said book. This led to my purchasing 4 classics Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby, The Scarlett Letter, and  Johnathon Livingston Seagull at a charity shop- because -well- titles like that should never be passed up.
 
Mom does love Amish romance and loaned me her copy of The Quilter's Daughter by Wanda E Brunstetter. This 2nd book in the Daughters of Lancaster County trilogy ended up being a good book club selection.

Breach by Kelly Sokol arrived in the mail. Once, I picked it up, I couldn't put it down

Nina's Momento Mori by Mathias Freese had a profound effect on me. His writing portrays his anguish at the loss of his wife from complications of A.L.S. Freese words made me think of cherished memories.. 

Next, I read Comin Onofrei's inspiring book Hazard: How to Change Your Destiny or Love it Now and realize a change of perspective is often beneficial.

Aura by Krisley Jior Castillo allowed me to check out some pretty cool anime and I enjoyed  Castillo's piano composition in his book trailers.

I posted my impression FRANKENSTEIN with excerpts. I felt Victor likely died thinking that he would be brought back to life by someone with his type of psyche. 

A kind-hearted gift certificate was provided to me and I purchased a collective edition of Jane Austen which includes 7 novels and  The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson poems. 

At a charity shop, I  bought The Book of Unusual Knowledge and quizzed my husband to see what he could recall. 

Easter weekend,  I was able to obtain 2 illustrated books. One book is Joan Howard's Story of Louisa May Alcott illustrated by Flora Smith. I love the illustration on the inside cover that depicts events in Alcott's life. The other book is Wind in the Willows illustrated by Michael Hague. Yes! I adore Anthropomorphic creatures! 

 The Well of Truth Stories of Spirit storyline uses emotional appeal and sensory detail to hold attention and there are instances in the novel in which the mood of nature portrays the nature of events during life lessons.

Mark Zides The Pace Process for Early Career Success made me aware that soon Millennials and Generation Z will make up the majority of the world’s workforce soon.

Willaim Shakespeare's death was recognized this month with World Book Day and Copyright Day   In celebration, I purchased 5 bargain books and posted about places you can obtain free books or read them online.

We ended the month with National Independent Bookstore Day and Paulina Colwell sent me the statistics her team had compiled on the Best Book Cities in the United States and the Top 10 Book Cities. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the nearest city, to me, is in the top fifteen of the best book cities in the country.

April's top blog visitors are from the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Russia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Philippines, and Belgium.